Formworks has the capacity to put together a team of highly skilled architects, BIM technicians, project managers and interior designers to match the requirements of every project.
Led by Managing Director Kelly Rattigan, our people bring experience, expertise and creative energy to every job we do.
We support them with the best training, technology and processes available.
Please contact Kelly Rattigan if you would like to discuss your project needs further.
Established in 2001, Formworks is a growing Western Australian architecture practice recognised for its client-focused design ethos, innovative thinking, BIM expertise and commitment to successful project delivery. The firm has considerable expertise in delivering high-quality health, commercial, and multi-residential projects, in metropolitan, regional and remote locations.
As early adopters of Building Information Modelling (BIM) technology, Formworks has integrated BIM management into its core processes, to maximise BIM’s time and cost benefits for our clients.
Our construction backgrounds also assist us to understand the specific requirements of Design and Construct projects, and we are firm believers in the potential of strategic alliances to deliver cost and schedule benefits to clients.
Our commitment to sustainability combines strong technical knowledge of green innovation with the ability to build a detailed business case to ensure buy-in and financing for the initiative.
Our BIM Services
• Formwork’s BIM team includes some of the most experienced REVIT practitioners in Australia
• Formworks is one of the few Western Australian BIM teams with the capability to complete a project to detailed Contract Documentation stage (including trade packages) in REVIT. Known as Model Development to Level of Detail 4, (LOD 4), it is only this level of detail that enables BIM to provide its revolutionary advantages in:
- design flexibility
- construction cost savings
- insights into operational efficiencies
• Formworks has spent years embedding BIM into every aspect of the way we work. A singular focus on BIM informs every decision we make, from whom we hire, to what computers we buy, to how we deliver projects for our clients.
• Formworks’ comprehensive BIM Management System provides all our staff and subconsultants with very
detailed directions on how to execute BIM across a project’s lifecycle, including:
Developing individual Project Deployment Plans, to ensure that the project model
successfully functions as a collaborative tool
Modelling and documenting in trade packages, to reduce the risk of construction mistakes and cost overruns
Developing and using Revit families, to maximise Revit’s benefi ts on costs, schedule,
accuracy and flexibility, (including the use of Formwork’s in-house library of over 3000 families)
Classification, to standardise the presentation of building information among all project parties, to ensure projects are delivered according to the client’s requirements, timelines and budget
Recruitment, training and formal mentoring, to ensure that the fi rm always has a sufficient pool of expert Revit users to work on projects.
• Formworks also assists clients to use their BIM model after handover, to improve the building’s operational efficiencies and as a tool for facilities management.
BIM Services we provide:
- Project file setup including site (approx. 1 week)
- Revit model setup (approx. 3-6 weeks depending on the projects complexity, the level of collaboration and future model requirements including Facilities Management)
- Collaboration protocols and setup
- Weekly audit of model including work set maintenance & production of warning and action report.
- Training on modelling protocols following Revit Model Setup (including protocol standards for collaboration if required)
- Ongoing task planning for modelling team
- Assist with role of Model Leader
- Assist with general 3d modelling
- Assist with annotating views for documentation package
- Revit content creation, including Families